The Fray Angélico Chávez History Library is open to the public by appointment only. Library and archival materials are available in the reading room, retrieved by staff from closed stacks. Professional librarians will provide research guidance and access to the collections. The collections are searchable through online catalogs, databases, and paper indexes in the library.
- Library online catalog (includes records for books and for map collections)
- New Mexico Archives Online (finding aids and inventories of manuscript and archival collections)
- New Mexico Digital Collections (a central search portal for digital collections from around New Mexico, hosted by the University of New Mexico)
- Vertical Files (subject guide to files of ephemeral material and newspaper clippings)
- Obituary Database (New Mexico newspapers 1870s to 2005)
- Fairview Cemetery Database (grave sites in Santa Fe, with images)
Newspapers & Periodicals
The Fray Angélico Chávez History Library provides public access to its collection through guidelines designed to protect and preserve these rare materials for future researchers.
- Materials Use Agreement (signature required for access to collections)
The Society of American Archivists (SAA) provides an excellent overview of what to expect when visiting a research collection and how to use archival material for research.